Top roads to drive in the UAE
Whether you are looking to rent a Bugatti in Dubai or an SUV of your choice, here are some breathtaking roads to enjoy the ultimate driving experience.
- Sheikh Zayed Road
- Jebel Hafeet Mountain Road
- Dubai-Al Ain Road
- Ras Al Khaimah Coastal Road
- Fujairah-Khor Fakkan Road
- Al Qudra Road
- Abu Dhabi-Al Ghuwaifat International Highway
Sheikh Zayed Road
Sheikh Zayed Road is the rock that supports Dubai’s modern infrastructure and cuts through the center of the city. It offers spectacular views of the towering buildings that form the Dubai skyline. This road is an eight-lane highway homing to some of the most extravagant buildings in the world like the Burj Khalifa.
Jebel Hafeet Mountain Road
It’s an 11.7 km long stretch offering drivers a one-of-a-kind driving experience. This road in the Al Ain region climbs up Jebel Hafeet Mountain, the second tallest peak in the UAE providing a visual treat of the surrounding landscape. The road is also very popular amongst cyclists and motorcyclists.
Dubai-Al Ain Road
Leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind and explore the picturesque countryside of the UAE. Passing through the middle of the desert, this 140 km long stretch offers some stunning views of the rocky landscape. Stop by some nice cafes along the way and enjoy the break with some refreshments.
Ras Al Khaimah Coastal Road
Offering a scenic coastal drive, this road extends along the northern coast of the UAE. It is parallel to the Arabian Gulf and delivers breathtaking views of the turquoise waters and white sandy beaches. En route, you’ll see many historical landmarks and fishing villages exhibiting the local culture and traditions.
Fujairah-Khor Fakkan Road
Reach the rugged Hajar Mountains and drive along the coast of the Gulf of Oman on this road. The winding road provides some beautiful views of the mountains and the ocean on this winding road.
Al Qudra Road
This road is located in the center of the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and offers some stunning views of the UAE. Home to several artificial lakes it’s also a favorite destination for cyclists and bird watchers.
Abu Dhabi-Al Ghuwaifat International Highway
It’s the longest highway in the UAE connected with Saudi Arabia. The 327 km long highway passes cuts right through the desert and provides scenic visuals. Take a break at the cafes for some snacking along the road.
Pro tips for road trips
Yes, the roads are wonderful and you will have a great time but we have a handful of tips that will be very helpful in exploring the best roads in the UAE:
- Check the weather conditions before hitting the road, especially in summer and have plenty of water and snacks.
- Obey the traffic rules and mind the speed limits or you can face hefty fines and penalties.
- Carry a GPS or a map while exploring unfamiliar areas so you don’t get lost.
- Make sure the car is in a good state, the AC is working tires are fit and the servicing has been done for a smooth and safe journey.
- Stop at the cafes/rest stops for a break, especially on long drives.
- Respect the local culture and traditions, dress appropriately and act as per local customs and beliefs.
- Take your time to appreciate the beauty of the sight around you.
Hit the roads we swear by
The roads of the UAE are a delight for the drivers and their big toys. Make the most of the roads discussed, take precautions, follow the expert tips and most importantly, don’t forget to enjoy the sight and have a great time!